Making your product/service accessible to
Design of the right distribution channel strategy is critical -
it not only provides a vehicle for getting the product or service
to the customer but also influences how the product/service is promoted
to potential customers. Specific decisions need to be made about:
- Channels: General retailers, specialty
retailers, wholesalers, resellers, OEM, industrial distributors,
independent agents/reps, franchisees, authorized service resellers,
direct channels like eCommerce, mail order, telephone, or direct
sales reps, as well as many other choices.
- Coverage Within Each Channel:
Single partner exclusivity, a handful of select channel partners,
or as many channel partners as possible.
- Channel Partners: ABC Company
or XYZ Company.
Many factors must be considered when making
those channel decisions, such as: required sales knowledge, where
and how customers buy, important of customer ownership, competitor
channel strategy, and so on.
Accèvero Group can help you design an appropriate distribution channel
strategy. Typical activities in a channel design project include:
- Inventory of the issues that need to be
factored into the design process, such as:
- customer requirements (e.g., lead-time, repair)
- product and service characteristics
- channel environment (e.g., economics, rules of operating)
- competitor strategies
- Development and evaluation of different
- Identification and evaluation of potential
Projects are always custom-tailored and, depending
on client needs, can range in scope from a detailed financial analysis
of the various channel options to a "quick and dirty"
assessment. Review a case study or
contact us about your specific needs.
Client benefits typically include:
- Higher sales volume
- Increased margins
- Satisfied customers
- Brand image
- Strong channel partnerships